U.S. Citizen Services
At this time, U.S. Consulate Kirkuk does not provide American Citizen Services. For all non-emergency and emergency citizen services, you must contact the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.
For information on routine citizen services, including passports and notary services, please visit the U.S. Embassy Baghdad’s American Citizen Services page.
You can also contact the American Citizen Services unit by email at BaghdadACS@state.gov.
If you have an emergency (such as death, serious injury, abduction, or imminent threat to safety), please phone the U.S. Embassy Baghdad’s American Citizen Services unit at the numbers listed below.
From Iraq: 0770-443-1286 (U.S. Embassy Baghdad)
From the United States: 011-964-770-443-1286 (U.S. Embassy Baghdad)
Messages for U.S. Citizens
Below is a list of recent messages - emergency and routine - we sent to
notify U.S. citizens of specific conditions in Iraq. Please do not forget to check the Department of State's most recent Travel Warning for Iraq.
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens (04/04/2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Cellular Phone Chargers Being Used as IEDs (03/06/2013)
- Message for U.S. Citizens: Updated Travel Warning for Iraq (02/26/2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Risk of Terror Attack and
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Threat Information for Kirkuk (02/07/2013)
- SMS Text Alerts
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Threat Information for Baghdad and Kirkuk (12/28/2012)
- Updated Security Message for U.S. Citizens (11/15/2012)
- Possible Demonstrations in Jordan Following Fuel Subsidy Removal (11/14/2012)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens (11/6/2012)
- Cholera Prevention Information (10/18/2012)
- Travel Warning (08/09/2012)
- Worldwide Caution (7/18/2012)
- Strict Enforcement of Procedures and Authorizations (01/11/2012)